Life of Jesus
ISIS Execute Three Assyrians in SyriaOctober,8 2015
Hasaka, Syria (AINA) — ISIS has executed three Assyrians in Syria. The execution was carried out in the morning of September 23, which was the day Muslims commemorated the “Festival of the Sacrifice” (eid al-Adha). It is not known why ISIS waited two weeks to release the video.
The three Assyrians, wearing orange jumpsuits and kneeling, were killed by gunshots to the back of their heads. They were identified as Dr. Abdulmasih Enwiya and Ashur Abraham from the village of Tel Jazira, and Basam Michael from the village of Tel Shamiram.
The three Assyrians were part of the group of 253 Assyrian that were abducted by ISIS on February 23, when it overran the 35 Assyrian villages on the Khabur River in the Hasaka province. ISIS subsequently released 48 of the hostages. With the death of these three, the number of Khabur Assyrians being held by ISIS is now 202.
In the video, ISIS said that if ransom for the remaining Assyrians is not payed, they would be executed as well. ISIS has demanded $50,000 for each hostage, totaling over 10 million dollars.
The video first shows three Assyrians, each of whom states his name and his village. These three are executed. The video then shows three other Assyrians on their knees behind the bodies of the three dead Assyrians. The three Assyrians state their name and village and one says “Our fate is the same as these [pointing at the 3 dead Assyrians lying in front of him] if you do not take proper procedure for our release.”
Here are the statements of all six Assyrians:
1. I am Assyrian Christian Ashur Abraham from the village of Tel Tamar, Jazira
2. I am Assyrian Christian Basam Essa Michael born in 1976 from the village of Tel Shamiram, Tel Tamar
3. I am Assyrian Christian Abdulmasih Enwiya born in 1997 from the village of Jazira district of Tel Tamar.
1. I am Assyrian Christian Zaya George Elia, born in 1988 from the village of Shameran District of Tel Tamar.
2. I am Assyrian Christian William Youhana Melham District of Tel Tamar, village of Tel Shameran born in 1964.
3. I am Assyrian Christian Marden Tamraz Tamraz born in 1966 village of Tel Jazira. We are here and there are dozens of us. Our fate is the same as these [pointing at the 3 dead Assyrians lying in front of him] if you do not take proper procedure for our release, we realize the inevitable fate.
On August 7 ISIS captured the town of Qaryatain and captured 250 Assyrians. It subsequently released 15 of them.
News | OCP Media Network
The Western Archdiocese of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch,
providing spiritual guidance and leadership to the Syriac Orthodox
community, is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization
comprised of 18 churches and parishes in 17 western states. It was
established in 1952 as the Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church
encompassing the entire United States and Canada. In November 1995 by
the Holy Synod, the Western Archdiocese was formed to exclusively
serve the 17 states of the western half United States.
417 E. Fairmount Rd., Burbank, CA 91501
Tel: (818) 845-5089 Fax: (818) 953-7203